Sunday, October 3, 2010

Something Old




Springfield Missouri has much to offer in thrift shops. If it's retro, antique or just resale, they've got it. I discovered this yesterday after hitting 11 (yes 11) shops busting at the seams with gadgets and gizmos of plenty! I can't help but think that I should have been alive earlier in the 1900's, though at this point I can look back and appreciate the designs. I can wonder who used these sorbet cups before us or who wore this dress before me.
I have such fond memories of my grandmas box of old dress up lace, sparkling clip on earrings and fanciful fur coats. I hope to recreate similar memories for Piper, so here's to her first set of clip ons. May she have many tea parties in them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The dress looks great, and your photography is very good too! You always impress me.

Spread hope Now said...

Oh my goodness! Those glass cups are exactly like the ones my mom used when I was little! She received them from someone else...I don't know who, but we always ate ice cream in those cups! Thanks for the wonderful memories.