Thursday, January 5, 2012

sick sick sick

Piper and I very rarely get sick, but it seems we are more susceptible to Michigan germs then others. While my family was still in town Piper woke up with a fever of 103. Since then Miles and I followed suit. We have been spending much time in pajamas, snuggling and nursing our colds (oh, and playing with Pip's tablet which she got for Christmas).
There are very few things you can do for sickly little ones and nursing moms. We crank the humidifiers at night and use saline nasal spray. I have come to enjoy honey more as my throat is sore and for Piper I found Honey Pops by Little Remedies, which she considers a delicacy. How Broc dodged this bullet, only God knows.
While being ill is not desirable, it certainly humbles you. I want to get my house back to normal and get Miles into some kind of sleeping routine, but I am only human and I cannot snap my fingers to make us well. All I can do is rest easy making sure these kids have all the TLC I can muster.



1 comment:

Patty said...

Sam, I think you ooze TLC! Feel better soon friend.