Sunday, May 1, 2011

things are happening

We have the most beautiful hydrangea bushes in front of our house, which just happen to be my favorite! Broc's green thumb has come in handy these past few days since we've decided to clean up the garden and plant some vegetables. Can't wait!
We are so happy to share with you some baby and belly photos. It's just become pretty obvious to acquaintances and even strangers that I'm sprouting a belly. People will hesitantly ask me if I'm... (pausing as they look down at my stomach). That's usually as far as they get for fear of offending me and my beer belly. I'm now 18 weeks pregnant with a boy. To celebrate Broc and I went out to find some clothes for our little buddy.
This pregnancy has been a struggle as I am dealing with nausea and vomiting still. Yes! Even several weeks into my 2nd trimester! It's a bummer, but it has not squashed my joy. Since carrying Piper was so similar, I suppose I should just expect to be a sickly pregnant lady.
For whatever reason Piper likes to honk the baby, which is what she is doing in the picture below. Sometimes she'll give my belly a kiss or a friendly "hi little baby," but mostly it's a push and an imitation car horn.
In the second ultrasound photo, it may be helpful to think butt shot. The legs are straight up on each side and there lies a little evidence in between. Our ultrasound tech was telling us without any doubt that it is most definitely a boy.


1 comment:

Patty said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!! Collin is cheering right now (really) for his new friend on the way!