Having been fearful to say goodbye to Piper's beloved "suckie," (which is our word for a pacifier) I needed a little nudge from my darling husband. Fearful only for selfish reasons of course, I didn't want to deal with the melt downs and the sleepless nights of crying for her bedtime companion. Well, it has begun and there is no going back now. We told her that there are babies who need her suckies and that seemed to go over well, until bedtime. It took a few hours, tears and compassionate snuggles for her to fall asleep, but she did and believe it or not, it did not kill her! Phew! I think (and pray) it will become easier after a few more nights of this. Sayonara suckie!
2 comments:
I was hesitant to give Collin a pacy for that very reason of having to break him from it in several years. Good luck my friend and take notes for me!
Good luck on getting rid of her "security suckie". Hope it will be a short lived process :-D The strawberries sure look good, hope the farmers market is open during our visit. Love you guys and see you soon.
Post a Comment