
You may know this, but I find joy in clothing. Please understand, I know it won't change my life to have apparel that satisfies my taste. I suppose aesthetics are in some way a hobby. The combination of texture, color, drape, structure & pattern make me squeal with delight. Similar to the way Piper does over fruit snacks. We don't have the resources to allow me to have fabulous clothing, so I mostly look. It's probably a good thing, because boy I could really do some damage.In efforts to satisfy my creative desires, I begged my mother to bring my sewing machine last time they came for a visit. Thanks Mom! It had taken up residence with my parents since I hadn't really shown much interest in it prior. I bought some clearanced out, easily pliable fabrics to practice on. Here is my first disaster of a sun dress, which is much too large for Piper. Keep in mind all you hardcore sweater sewing Susie's, you've got to start somewhere, right?
4 comments:
Did you design these? Piper is cute no matter what!
A wonderful start! And how lucky you are to have a model always at hand. I look forward to the projects to come.
Doesn't look too disaterous to me. But then, I'm no sweater sewing Susie. Piper looks like she's very comfortable in it. Keep those creative juices flowing.
I saw it in person, it is very cute! And the model is top quality. Your doing great honey!
Post a Comment