Friday, January 24, 2014

Snow Fun

While the weather is cold and the driving is rough, there is still fun to be had. As a child I played in the snow well into the darkness and wouldn't come inside until my fingers were frozen together. I remember thawing out at the dinner table, my cheeks being the last body part to warm up, having been exposed the longest. A warm meal and a cup of steamy cocoa was the perfect comfort after a wintry play day.
Though the polar vortex has made it difficult to be outside for any period of time, we got out there and made a tunnel in a mountainous snow pile. We also made a snow friend with the traditional carrot nose and leftover Christmas chocolates. He has already mostly melted, but I'm sure he'll be back again some day.



1 comment:

Patty said...

I wish we cold burrow in the snow with you. And at least you have beauty in the cold weather, in Texas it just becomes more dreary and bleak with the freezing temps.