Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Meet the new guy







Meeting Jeb for the first time brought on feelings of relief, joy and surprise. I actually remember having these thoughts in this exact order. We have a healthy (phew!), baby (hooray!), boy (what?!). Jeb Edgar Barnes was born at 8:11 am weighed 7 lbs 11 oz and measured 21 inches in length. He is now 3 weeks old, but we are still getting to know him. For now, we've figured out that he resembles both our kids, but favors Miles a little more. He likes to eat, sleep and be bounced. He does not enjoy being poked in the eye by little curious fingers, but loves being read to by Piper (not me because, ain't nobody got time for that. Right, Christa?).
On other news, Piper started kindergarten 2 weeks ago. She really seems to like it, but has a rather short memory. Most of our conversations go like this:
"Piper, I missed you! How was your day?"
"It was great!"
"What did you do?"
"Oh... I don't remember"
Yep, It's kind of a let down. However, her teacher keeps us updated with the basics, so we can ask questions that will jump start her memory. Without a busing system, we have to get Piper to school by 8 am, and pick her up when school lets out. Our days and nights have suddenly become very busy and I'm realizing that this is just the beginning of being very busy. This is my favorite line from one of  Piper's books, Children Make Terrible Pets by Peter Brown. Lucille Beatrice Bear: "I guess children do make terrible pets" Mother Bear: "They really are the worst." It's a good read and it may be true for bears, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

4 comments:

Momma Barnes said...

Horray! :-) we finally got the long awaited update. Good job Sam! I look everyday to see if there is something new. I like all of the pictures, but the kiddo's are even more precious in person. Love you guys.
xxoo Momma Barnes

Jenny said...

jeb is just beautiful! Congratulations, you guys!

Patty said...

Ahh, another sweet baby Barnes. We look forward to meeting him in person someday. Until then, keep the beautiful photos coming!

Auntichrista said...

Hooray!! I, too, was anxiously awaiting this update. Don't know why really, since I am fortunate to have firsthand knowledge of it all. I just like the blog version to complete the picture. :-) hooray for Jeb and all the fabulous Barnes'!