Sunday, June 17, 2012

First Stop GG

My Grandma, who is affectionately called GG by her great grandchildren is conveniently on my way to Michigan. I stopped for a days rest and to visit with my Tennessee family. When we arrived in Knoxville, Miles smiled from ear to ear and reached right out for Grandma. It did her heart good, as well as mine. Piper spent quality time with her GG, playing go fish and memory, reading stories together and what would would my Grandma be without her infamous doll room. Walking in here, Piper looked as though she had struck gold. Funny thing is, I remember having that same sense of exhilaration myself. If you are wondering, my grandma made dolls for a living, a livelihood turned to passion. We ventured out to a local park to enjoy some sunshine. It was a short visit but we're looking forward to a little more time when we head back to Georgia.


1 comment:

Patty said...

Oh my indeed, I would have liked the doll on the top shelf second to the right, with the red pigtails, when I was Piper's age. Safe travels friends.