Wednesday, December 7, 2011

18 Days to Christmas

We should know. Piper asks to open another door on the advent calendar at least once an hour. I have to remind her that we can only do that once a day until Christmas. In preparation for tomorrow, she knows exactly where to find number 17. Oh the things she will do for chocolate...
We don't have much going on aside for my own personal chaos. I am struggling to find a balance with Piper and Miles, as he is still a very needy little guy. Do I let him cry, so I can make her lunch? Do I let her watch TV so I can feed Miles without her sitting on my feet asking me 32 Why questions? Yes to both. I LOVE these kids and I would not change a thing, but I have to say I am exhausted and our house is very much affected by that. Of course while I am in this state, I've been feeling the need to do projects as well, perhaps sewing and baking are my stress relief. I made this string of Christmas lights for our mantle, along with some presents for my newest niece (more to come on that). I am so pumped to host all of our family for Christmas this year! It's a huge blessing not to have to travel this time around, though I have to say I wouldn't mind some snow right about now. Thank you to those who read this and love our kids. I am so grateful to have wonderful friends and family, even when they are so far away. Sending our love!




4 comments:

Christa said...

I'm reading this and I love your kids! I think pretty highly of their parents too - two of my most favoritest people in the known universe. Can't wait to see you all so very soon!!!

Patty said...

Aw man, I wish you were hosting us too for Christmas! We miss seeing you and love it when you post pictures.

Momma Barnes said...

Can't wait to move on in for a couple of days. Hopefully we can give you a little breather, so you can take a bubble bath. 12 days of Christmas countdown will be starting soon. Love you guys and our holiday celebration can't get here soon enough. See you soon. xxoo

Brittan said...

Meren watched a lot of TV when Elia came home. It's all good. You got this, girl! Merry Christmas!