Thursday, August 18, 2011

There are no words

With heavy hearts, Broc and I drove back to Michigan last week. My sister and brother-in-law experienced the loss of they're son Kellen, who was only 21 months old. There are no words for the amount of grief that they are experiencing. It's heart wrenching seeing those you love suffer in a way where you cannot bring them comfort. My sister is an incredible mom, in that I mean the kind of mom that I aspire to be. She has been blessed with three beautiful children and I know that she cherishes every good and tough moment with them.
Staying with my sister for a week allowed for Jacob and Piper to rekindle their cousinly love. We got to snuggle and kiss baby Kate Sofia, who thanks to Broc has been nicknamed baby quesadilla. I was able to see my family and be available for my sister when she had a memory or a thought to share. God, thank you for these blessings and thank you for Kellen's life.





Kellen Patrick Berkemeier
October 17, 2009 - August 2, 2011

2 comments:

Mom & Dad Barnes said...

You are right,"There are no words" :-( We are glad that you were able to make the trip safely and be with your family and especially your sister in her time of need. I am sure your were a great comfort to her. We loved our time with you and will see you soon. Love you bunches! Mom & Dad Barnes

Brittan said...

Still praying for your family- cannot imagine the grief.